Terms & Conditions
Booking Terms and Conditions of Stay
By making any Booking to stay with us you agree to accept the following Booking Terms and Conditions of Stay.
- Bookings are made when we have confirmed your reservation and received an agreed payment as a deposit within 3 days of your booking request. Should the deposit not be received within 3 days we shall assume you no longer wish to book and will release your dates. Payment to be made by bank transfer or online via our website www.hottubonthehill.wales.
- Bookings may also be made via an Agent under their own Booking Terms but will be subject to our Conditions of Stay.
- A booking fee of 25% of the total cost is payable at the time of Booking. This fee is deducted from the cost of your stay with us.
- The full cost of the stay less the booking fee is due 6 weeks before arrival at the latest.
3. Damage Deposit
- A refundable damage deposit of £200 is payable by you at least 1 week before arrival via bank transfer. This sum will be held until a max of 3 days after your departure. This will then be refunded to you by bank transfer subject to any appropriate deduction for unreasonable damage caused to the holiday accommodation.
- The price includes linen, towels, energy, water, exclusive hot tub use and an initial basket of logs for the log burner fire.
- You may be, at our discretion, subject to additional charges in the event of breaches of these Booking Terms and Conditions of Stay.
- In the event that we need to close the holiday accommodation for whatever reason prior to your arrival we will offer you a holiday deferment or a credit note or a full refund. If we need to close the holiday accommodation during your stay, we will refund you the pro-rata rate for the period remaining.
- We will not be liable for any other costs whatsoever arising from this action.
6. Arrival and departure
- Check-in times are between 16.00-22.00; Checkout time is 10.30am. Under normal circumstances times outside of these may be agreed with us prior to arrival but cannot be guaranteed.
- A late check-out for whatever reason, unless previously agreed, will be subject to an extra charge if this affects the servicing of the holiday accommodation or the arriving guest.
- In the event you may not be able to vacate the holiday accommodation and we agree you can stay, you will be liable for the full costs of the normal booking periods for the property and you will indemnify us for losses arising from claims from guests with bookings for the holiday accommodation that need to be cancelled or amended.
7. Cancellations and Amendments
- To amend or cancel your Booking, call us on 07754 741567 or message or email us.
- In the event that a government national or regional lockdown prevents your holiday from proceeding, you may defer your holiday date subject to availability and any price difference.
- It is strongly advised that you have adequate travel insurance for other/unexpected events that could affect your holiday including illness, quarantine or self-isolation requirements.
- If you cancel your booking before 6 weeks of your arrival date we will refund payments made, subject to deduction of the cancellation admin fee.
- If you wish to amend your booking before 6 weeks we will normally allow deferment within 12 months of the original booking date, subject to availability and any price change. Any payments made will be held as part payment for that stay.
- If you cancel or amend your confirmed booking within 6 weeks of the arrival date we will try and re-let the accommodation. Whatever the outcome we will normally charge for any losses arising from the cancellation up to the full value of the original booking.
- Bookings through our Agent will be subject to their own cancellation conditions.
- A cancellation admin fee of £25 will be applied and deducted from monies paid by you prior to any refund.
8. Our right to terminate your stay
- We reserve the right to terminate your stay without being liable for any refund or compensation where you engage in what we consider as unacceptable behaviour that causes a disturbance or nuisance to us, our neighbours or other guests; or you breach any Booking Conditions or Conditions of Stay.
- Our total liability to you is limited to the value of the Booking and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all warranties are excluded and in no circumstances will we be responsible for any indirect or special damages.
- You agree that no responsibility rests with the owners for accidental damage to members of your group, your property or your pets whilst within the holiday accommodation or grounds, or engaged in any activity thereon, or for any illness or injury arising from whatever cause. The holiday accommodation and grounds are not allergen free and therefore no liability can be accepted by the owners for any allergic reactions within your group/pets howsoever arising.
- We do not accept liability for any accident or loss from your car while on our premises, or the loss of valuables while left in the holiday accommodation.
- We will not be liable for failure to perform to the extent that the failure is caused by any factor beyond our reasonable control.
- You are responsible for any damage or loss caused to us or our property by your act, omission, default or neglect and you agree to indemnify us and to pay us on demand the amount reasonably required to make good or remedy any such damage or loss. For clarification this includes damage other than normal wear and tear and also includes damage to mattresses and any extra cleaning due to failure to comply with the Conditions of Stay.
Conditions of Stay
These conditions of any stay with us are applicable to all guests, whether the booking is made direct with us or through an Agent. We have the following general conditions of stay to enhance the comfort and wellbeing of all our guests.
- Only those persons named on the booking form may occupy the holiday accommodation or use the premises/facilities.
- You agree that you and members of your group will use the holiday accommodation for the booked period only and for no other purpose.
- There is STRICTLY no smoking while inside the holiday accommodation at any time. We will terminate your booking without notice and without being liable for any refund or compensation and we will charge a special cleaning surcharge of £100 if you smoke while you are anywhere inside the cottage or there is a smell of smoke inside the cottage on your departure.
- Please do not use fireworks or make other loud noises as there are horses and cattle in our neighbouring fields. Please always ensure you close the gate from the public lane to the farm track.
- You are welcome to roam and explore within our grounds at your own risk. Please wear suitable clothing and footwear. Our land can be steep, unlevel and slippery so care is needed by you.
- You are not permitted to enter any other buildings/work or store areas within the boundaries of our grounds.
- We accept one or two clean housetrained and well behaved adult dogs subject to our Dog Rules (more by prior agreement only) – See Dog Policy below.
- The quiet and peaceful ambiance of our properties are very important to us and our neighbours and therefore guests must not make any what we deem as unreasonable noise in particular between 22.00 and 08.00.
- The holiday accommodation must be left clean and tidy. Any requirement for additional and unreasonable cleaning will be charged extra.
- Food must be removed and disposed of into the general, recycling and food bins provided as detailed above.
- Any breakages or damage should be reported to the owners at the earliest possible time allowing alternatives to be purchased or repairs made prior to the arrival of subsequent guests. This may be charged at cost, at our discretion.
- There is free parking available. No commercial or camper vans are allowed.
- In the event of a fire, please evacuate the cottage immediately, closing all doors behind you and raise the alarm with the Fire Brigade on 999 and with us on 07754 741567 or by knocking on our door. Do not try to fight the fire.
- There are Fire Action Notices displayed within the cottage and within the Cottage Manual – Please take the time to read and familiarise yourselves with this.
- There are two fire escapes which are fitted with thumb turn locks so that no keys are required to be located in order to exit immediately.
- The fire exits are: The entry door in the kitchen and the patio door from the bedroom.
- We have provided two emergency escape lights (portable) for your use in an emergency where the power fails. These plug in lights will automatically light up in the event of a power failure. They are located in the lounge by the door and the bedroom by the patio door. ONLY FOR EMERGENCY USE. LEAVE PLUGGED IN WITH THE PLUG SWITCH ON. DO NOT TOUCH IN ANY OTHER SITUATION.
- Damage to or loss of these emergency lights will result in a £30 replacement charge deduction from your damage deposit per damaged/lost item.
- Do not bring any candles/fire lights/electrical appliances with you – these are not allowed under current fire regulations.
- Do not smoke within or around the cottage.
- Please close the lounge door overnight and switch off electrical sockets.
- Please do not leave devices charging overnight or whilst you are away from the cottage.
- No charging of electrical bike batteries or storage of electric bikes in the cottage.
- No charging of EVs at the cottage.
- Please keep fire exits and staircase absolutely clear from luggage or any other items.
- We will welcome one or two well behaved, housetrained adult dogs (more only by prior agreement). We do not accept puppies or dogs that are not house trained. Please advise us at the time of booking that you wish to bring your dog, the type and size.
- Dogs must be kept under your control at all times while in the property and grounds. Please do not allow your dogs to harass any farm animals in our neighbour’s adjoining fields. Definitely DO NOT allow your dog to go into adjacent fields with farm animals. Your dog may get seriously injured or cause injury to panicked farm animals for which you, as owner, will be liable for. If in any doubt about your dog’s behaviour, please keep it on a lead at all times.
- Please clear up any fouling of outside areas promptly. Any ‘accidents’ inside on hard floors should be thoroughly cleaned. If carpets are soiled you should advise us immediately so that we can use a carpet cleaner to remove.
- Please bring the dog’s food bowls and bed, cage or basket for sleeping in.
- Please do not leave your dog unattended in the holiday accommodation or elsewhere at any time.
- Please do not allow your dog onto any bed.
- We prefer that dogs are not allowed on the furniture, however if you do so, please ensure that you place the throw we provide (or bring your own throws) underneath the dog.
- Please ensure that your dog is clean and free from parasites and fleas before it occupies the property.
- After wet/muddy walks, please wash and towel dry your dog outside the property before entry.
Covid Policy – Special Conditions Relating to Corona Virus
- Any guest suffering from Covid-19 within 7 days of your arrival date must not travel to our accommodation and should inform us immediately – you should ensure you have appropriate travel insurance to cover such incidents. We will not be liable for any costs or claims whatsoever from this situation.
- All guests will immediately inform us and return home to self-isolate if, during their stay:
- They exhibit symptoms of Covid-19 or They test positive for Covid-19
- In the event that we have a confirmed or suspected case of Covid-19 in a holiday accommodation then a special cleaning regime will be initiated after those guests leave. This may affect the arrival date of the next guests.
- Under these circumstances we may defer, at our discretion, the start date of your stay by up to typically (but not limited to) 24 hours to initiate a special cleaning regime to ensure we minimise the risk to you.
- In the event that you will lose a reasonably substantial part of your stay then we will offer a credit note valid for one year for a stay on an alternative available date, subject to availability and any price difference.
- We will not be liable for any other costs or claims whatsoever arising from these actions.
To reduce the risk of transmission of viruses to us, our family and staff:
- All linen and towels must be left in the bath prior to departure.
- Food must be removed and your waste is to be left within the general waste, recycling and food bins provided. Please clean and leave any glass waste separately.
- From April 2024 it will be law that all recycling waste products must be separated. We have provided two bins labelled “Card & Paper” and “Metal, Plastic & Cartons”. Please use as marked and leave clean glass waste in the black container outside the front of the cottage.
- DO NOT PLACE GLASS ITEMS WITHIN ANY RUBBISH/RECYCLING BAGS. If your stay includes a Sunday, please place all bagged rubbish/recycling/food waste outside the front door so we can ensure collection by the waste disposal service.
- There will be no interim servicing of the accommodation
- No maintenance will be undertaken within the property while guests are staying unless it is deemed by us as essential or an emergency
Please note that we do not have an EV charger point installed and we cannot allow EV charging cables to be plugged into our domestic electricity sockets as this invalidates our insurance. Therefore, it is not permitted for you to charge any Electric Vehicle at our premises. There is a Fast Charge facility available at our nearest fuelling garage on the A40 towards Carmarthen which is approx. 20 mins away. There are also various other charging points within the local area – locations can be accessed via the internet or please ask.
- There is complimentary wifi available for your use during your stay at the cottage. We accept no liability for the lack of availabiity due to events beyond our control.
- There is an Amazon Firestick plugged into the TV for your use where you can access your streaming service accounts. It is your responsibility to ensure you log out of any such accounts upon your departure. We do not accept any responsibility or liability in this regard. If you have forgotten, then you should be able to log out of your accounts remotely.
Hot Tub Conditions of Use
You agree on behalf of yourself and ALL members of your booking to the conditions of Hot Tub use as supplied in the separate document “Hot Tub Safety Document” attached and which must be signed and returned to us prior to your arrival date in order to gain access to the Hot Tub during your stay.
If we are unable to provide the hot tub service during your stay for reasons beyond our control (eg. extended power cut, etc), then we shall refund you £15.00 for each full 24 hour period of your stay affected, limited to a maximum refund of £75. Such events will not give rise to cancellation or refunds.